The AASSA Officials Development Committee (ODC) oversees Speed Skating Canada’s (SSC) Officials Certification Program in the province of Alberta.
The goals and activities of the Officials Development Committee include;
- To provide Provincial Officials certification program
- To ensure the availability of qualified Officials through education and accreditation
- To appoint qualified Officials to designated provincial competitions
- To support identified and qualified Officials to competitions and clinics outside of the province
- To provide Officials clinics within the province as required
- To appoint and support qualified course conductors to clinics as required
- Ensure a safe environment
- Assist in the development of Officials from the club level to the provincial and national levels.
- Certify Level 2 Officials
- Recommend Officials for Level 3 certification
The ODC consists of the VP Officials plus one appointed representative from every club that wants to have a member on the Committee. The club representatives are the liaison between the clubs and the ODC and are responsible for communicating between the clubs and the ODC.
The ODC meets every month to establish policies, discuss programs and evaluate performance of Officials. The ODC reports to the AASSA Executive and Board.
2017-2018 AASSA ODC
Henry Thriscutt (Chair), VP Officials Development
Banff/Canmore SSC – Tanya Flood
Calgary Grizzlies SSC – Marc Poulin
Calgary SSA – Glen Dunbar
Edmonton SSA – Stephen Estabrooks
Ichiban SSC / Olympic Oval – Dawn Brown
Grand Prairie Peace Wapiti SSC – John MacLennan
Lethbridge SSA – Melanie Winters
Lloydminster Border Blades – Ivan Svendson
Medicine Hat SSC – Steven Krueger
Peace River Northern Lites SSC – Owen Cook
Red Deer Lions SSC – Stephanie Lo and Alison Wigelsworth
Rocky Mountain House SSC – Fiona Barnett
Speed Skating Canada – Sharon Zorman