Update: August 19th
Speed Skating Canada is waiting for the International Skating Union's decisions about the 2020-2021 season before announcing SSC decisions regarding the national competition schedule and Canada's participation in or hosting of any potential international competitions. Alberta Speed Skating will be paying close attention to these decisions and responding accordingly. Further updates are expected on or around September 1st.
Click on the following text to access these documents:
The Alberta Amateur Speed Skating Association updated the organization's response to the COVID-19 pandemic in July 2020 with a Return to Sport guideline.
Click here to access the full AASSA Return to Sport July 2020 document.
The July 2020 AASSA Return to Sport document includes:
5 Phases of the Return to Speed Skating plan:
- General Activity Requirements (AHS)
- General Requirements (Alberta Speed Skating)
- Health and Safety Requirements
- Club Office Guidance
- Phase 1: Dryland Training (Individual)
- Phase 2: Dryland Training (Group)
- Phase 3: On-Ice Training (with restrictions)
- Phase 4: Competitions (with restrictions)
- Phase 5: To be determined (TBD) and Next Steps
The Return to Sport July 2020 document also includes several appendices:
- Group Training Checklist
- Alberta Health Daily Checklist
- Club Declaration Form
- COVID-19 Liaison
- Contact Tracing Log