AASSA 2019-2020 Financial Statement
AGM – Notice to Members
Tuesday May 5, 2020
Dear Members and partners,
Alberta Amateur Speed Skating Association (AASSA) and its Board of Directors invites you to attend the 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM). As previously communicated, this year’s AGM will be held virtually through the Zoom platform. Here are the details of the AGM:
Date: Saturday May 23, 2020
Time: 0900-1200 (noon)
If you’re not familiar with the Zoom platform, please visit https://zoom.us/. It’s free to sign up and resources are available to help you navigate through it.
A separate meeting request to Club partners will be sent closer to the AGM, with the Zoom meeting invitation and link.
2020 AGM Agenda
The agenda* for this year’s AGM is as following:
0900-0915 – Welcome & Introductions
- Recognition of official club delegates
- Introduction of special guests
- Review and adjustment of agenda
- Review of 2019 AASSA AGM minutes and approval
0915-1130 – Formal Business
- President and board member reports
- Review of financials
- Summary of club reports
- COVID-19 readiness
- New Business
- Other business
- SSC’s membership system update
- Oval update
- Other updates
- Elections of AASSA Executive
1130-1200 – Q&A/Roundtable
We ask that you log into the Zoom meeting no earlier than 0850.
*The agenda is subject to change
Alberta Club Reports
As part of AASSA’s annual report, we would love to include a segment to celebrate our speed skating clubs in Alberta. Consider this a review of your 2019-2020 season.
A survey link will be sent to you or you can click here to complete your report. We’ll be asking you to provide the following:
- Three to five highlights of the 2019-20 season
- Club accomplishments
- List of events (on and off the ice) hosted by the club
- List of initiatives implemented throughout the season
- Board/Executive members of your club
- Membership numbers
- Number of coaches (and levels)
- Number of officials (and levels)
Please submit your club report by 17:00 on Thursday, May 21, 2020.
Elections - AASSA Board of Directors
At each AGM of AASSA, Members shall elect officers and directors in accordance with Alberta Speed Skating’s Bylaws (click here), who when elected (or appointed under the Bylaws) shall as a group constitute the board.
All individuals elected to a position of officer or director shall each be in turn members of a club which is a Member. At the AGM, nominations for election to any officer or director position may be made prior to or at the meeting.
The board shall consist of a minimum of 3 members and a maximum of 8 members. The following Board positions are open for nominations and to be voted upon by official Delegates at the AGM:
Positions for a two-year term (May 2020-May 2022)
- Vice-President Club & Membership
- Vice-President Skater Development
- Vice-President Marketing (position vacant since 2017)
- Director at Large
Board positions are for the remaining year of a two-year term (May 2020-May 2021)
- Vice-President Officials Development
The following Board positions are continuing terms through 2020-21:
- President – Antonio Faiola
- Vice-President Communications – Kristine Smalcel Pederson
If you have any questions about any of the board positions, please reach out to any of the current member of the Board of Directors.
We look forward to meeting with you as part of our AGM. Thank you to our clubs, athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers and community members for your continued support.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, please stay safe.
President / Président
Alberta Amateur Speed Skating Association (AASSA)