The Peace Wapiti Speed Skating Club is pleased to be hosting an Interclub Ability Meet on Saturday, November 24, 2018. This meet will be a venue test event for the Canada West T2T Short Track Championship so it will be a great opportunity for skaters to tune up as well!
Time: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Place: Coca Cola Centre, 6 Knowledge Way, Grande Prairie
PWSSC Ability Meet 24Nov2018_Announcement
PWSSC Ability Meet 24Nov2018_Summary Registration
PWSSC Ability Meet 24Nov2018_Meet Registration Form
Arena Phone Number: 780-513-5252
Sanctions: AASSA and SSC (applied)
- Modified ability on 111m and 100m track.
- Distance and Skill races.
- 8:15 am Registration
- 8:30 am Warmups
- 8:50 am Coaches’ Meeting
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Racing
Accommodation (Book Early as Hotels here do book up):
- Four Points by Sheraton (Across the road from the arena)
- 6702 106 St. Grande Prairie, T8W OK8
1. Friday, November 16, 2018, at 10 pm.
- Please ensure an SSC # and DOB for all skaters. No late entries will be accepted.
2. Monday, November 19, 2018.
Our Chief Recorder, Shari Rowney, will send out a preliminary list of skaters and divisions to each club.
- Please check this list very carefully to ensure that there are no errors or omissions.
- Please have coaches review the division placements for your skaters.
3. A final skater/division list will be distributed on Friday, November 23rd.
At this point, only scratches will be accepted. Absolutely no additions or division changes will be made!
- $10/Cradles(Active Start)
- Please make cheques payable to Peace Wapiti Speed SkatingClub.
- One cheque per club, please.
Registration will be in the arena lobby before racing begins.
If there are enough Active Start skaters registered, they will have their own division and will skate as close to noon as possible, however, there is no guarantee on race times or quantity as it is the decision of the Chief Referee.
There will be food/drinks provided for officials, volunteers, and coaches.
The arena also features a concession and is adjacent to The Eastlink Centre which has food services.
PLEASE BE ADVISED – IT IS THE POLICY OF ALL GRANDE PRAIRIE ARENAS TO ALLOW NO FOOD INTO THE FACILITY.