Introduction to Long-Term Development in Sport and Physical Activity
Updated online course offered by Sport for Life, with support from the Government of Canada.
Sport for Life aims to develop physical literacy and improve the quality of sport by creating, sharing, and mobilizing knowledge. This acts as a catalyst for governments, institutions, and organizations to improve programs and services. In the spirit of continuous improvement, Sport for Life is proud to release the revised Long-Term Development in Sport and Physical Activity e-learning course to support the new resource. Until July 31, 2019, Sport for Life is offering this course at 50% off (normally $24.95 + tax). Use coupon code 004F78 for the English version or 9DB694 for the French version. To take the refreshed LTD course, click here: https://sportforlife-sportpourlavie.ca/catalog.php
By the end of the course, you will:
- Be familiar with the Long-Term Development in Sport and Physical Activity Framework and the primary objectives of each stage of development.
- Recognize the characteristics of quality sport and physical activity programs that support the development of physical literacy, strive for excellence, and empower people to be active for life.
- Know how to find additional resources to analyze gaps in current programs.
This course is presented in four sections. When you have completed the entire course and passed each learning assessment, you will be able to download/print a Certificate of Completion and obtain NCCP professional development points (worth 1 credit).
Past Training Opportunities:
Alberta Speed Skating offered a NCCP Fundamentals & Introduction to Competition Coaching Clinic, Feb. 23-25, 2018:
- Calgary Olympic Oval, Room 54 (ice level)
Friday, Feb 23 6:30-9:00 p.m. (Teaching and Learning for those without FUNd training)
Saturday, Feb 24, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Sunday, Feb 25, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- $150 per participant, price includes course, manuals, evaluations (on-ice and portfolio)
*Please make the cheques payable to AASSA and send the cheque to the AASSA office or bring to the course.
Mandatory Training: Making Headway Concussion SSC e-Learning Series
- All coaches at National Events now require this professional development module.